It is our denial and resistance that causes us pain, not events themselves. When we accept the facts in front of us, we can see with clarity if we are contributing to the problem. Then we are free to discover new ways to master the situation at hand. The way we conduct ourselves shows us who is in control: fear or freedom. And the choice is alwlays up to us. Awareness brings acceptance and that brings a new ability to see beyond the present circustances with a positive attitude. When we put action behind our positive thinking, it will spur change in our life that seems like magic.
“It is not always easy to be true to yourself, but now that you know what it is like, it is too late to turn back. You are responsible for all you have learned. It is in your heart, mind, and soul whether you are actualizing it or not. It is there. Honor it. It will serve you when you least expect it.” Rhonda Britten, Change your Life in 30 Days. (The following questions are also taken from Change your Life in 30 Days.)
- What are your three favorite memories?
- What is your vision for you life?
- Name a movie that best represents your life.
- If you had a sequel, what would it be called?
- What helps you process things in your life? What works for you in an empowering way?
- What have you learned about how you process information when you are afraid?
- What have you learned about how you process information when you are Fearless?
- Name three people on your support team.
- As you’ve been on this Change your Life journey, did your friends change? Are you able to be yourself with your friends?
- Define what “friendship” means to you now. Is that different than when you began Change your Life?
- Have you been able to use your newfound Change your Life skills at work?
- What are the top three things you have learned that have supported your career?
- How has being true to yourself affected your career situation?
- What does home mean to you?
- How has life changed since Day One?
- What do you want to change but haven’t had the courage to?
- Define “love.”
- How have your love relationships been affected by your commitment to be true?
- What needs to change and what skill will help you change it?
- If you could tell your mate one thing that you have yet to say, what would it be?
- What areas of your life are easiest to change? In which areas is change more difficult? What’s the difference between these areas?
Today, honor your growth: Write down five acknowledgments for your shifts and changes. Remember to frame them in the positive, write them in the present tense and be specific. “Today, I acknowledge myself for …”